There is this wonderful sign welcoming us to our new home(above)
The airport (Below)
No TSA, No security barriers, just dirt road. I love this village already.
As we are walking towards the school we pass the 'Gas Station'
Where there is 103,000 gallons of gas kept in those tanks above. And as if it was not common sense, there are quite literally 15 NO SMOKING, and NO OPEN FLAME signs hanging all around.
As we arrive, we begin to walk through the housing units and we begin to realize that they are rough to say the least. Previous owners let their pets 'mark' everything. The previous owners also have never heard of cleaning supplies or organization. Thus began the renovation project of the housing units.
Since we don't have houses to stay in, we have been sleeping in the school. So when you have heard teachers say that they practically live at the school...well we actually do.
As you keep walking down the road we pass the town hall/bingo hall
And just past that, one of the 'General Stores' Aka. 1 of the only 2 businesses in the village.
Finally we arrive at the school!
And Directly to the right in the above picture is my yet-to-be-finished-house.
And to give perspective on how close I am, 5ft behind me is the door to enter the school.
Here's some before shots of my house on the inside.
Living room
Bedroom 1
Bedroom 2
Bathroom (with outside sink)!
Kitchen
Laundry/Utility Room
Kitchen From Opposite Direction
Kitchen Toward Pantry
And last but not least my class room as I walked in:
I have spent nearly all of my time in this room, cleaning, organizing and moving/decorating. I will post after pics here in a few days!
Also, There if you are reading this because you are researching into perhaps moving to the Bush I will update later on what I packed, how I packed it and other information I found out on the road to get here! After all, this blog is meant to give a glimpse for my family and friends it is also meant to inform those who are reading about Bush life and the entire process of getting up here.
Before I signed my contract I was trying to get all of the information I could about living/getting up here and I didn't find much that was really worth while. Some good packing tips, but I hope to really do it better for you all. Please feel free to email me questions!
nthakur875@gmail.com
Just put in the subject line question BWTT.
Thats all for now! :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment