I am finally getting around to starting my blog! These next few posts will be me catching you all up on what has been going on this past week.
Welcome to the Tundra:
Where even the grass is not really grass, but a cleverly hidden lake. And where walking paths, AKA Board walks, are quite literally
Board-Walks.
First off, I landed in Bethel and they lost one of my bags... Not to worry, they had it to me within 24 hours!
Then it was off to the LKSD dorms and an inservice for the next two days...
.
.
.
Inservice was very informative. I tried fish for the first time in my life: smoked salmon, dried salmon, dried halibut, baked salmon, fire roasted salmon and it was all fantastic!
I met my roommate, Curtis and the other teachers (Liz & Steph) who will be living in the village of Napakiak with us.
In order to get to our village we went to the Charter plane company called Renfros, and for the wonderful price of $180.00 Curtis, Stephanie, and myself chartered a 6 seater and thus began the 6min flight to the village!
Steph flying Co-pilot!
In the air flying about 300ft off the ground!
Rural Bush Alaska.
Next stop: Napakiak and the William N. Miller Memorial School!





No comments:
Post a Comment